systema energy series

If it has a battery and a gearbox, this is where it belongs

Re: systema energy series

Postby martinairsoft on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:31 pm

i agree, i just read the wholeeeee zshot description for these new energy parts, the piston looks a little weak so i would have a new one of those, but the energy m120 will have a higher ROF than a normal systema m120 GB. since everything is lighter the ROF and trigger response are faster.
Haven't played airsoft or done anything involving airsoft in over 2 years- You can't imagine how bored I was when I logged on.
martinairsoft
Gold General

Postby CybeRoguE on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm

I have a Systema energy piston, and it feels like a PoS to be honest... I was skeptical while cutting off the second tooth, since it was so easy to do (I did it in one shot from a nail cutter, without even having to try :\)
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum

Postby crazyrussian on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 pm

CybeRoguE wrote:
I bought a Systema Energy piston and tbh, it felt cruddy... It was stale and dry (If anyone says twss, I will strangle you), and like it could break at any moment. Hell, I even took off the second tooth with like 2 swipes of a dull razor blade :|

I personally wouldn't get the Energy one if its anything like the Energy piston

CybeRoguE wrote:I have a Systema energy piston, and it feels like a PoS to be honest... I was skeptical while cutting off the second tooth, since it was so easy to do (I did it in one shot from a nail cutter, without even having to try :\)

Fishy... lol.
adog12341 wrote:I'm a chairsofter

crazyrussian
Panzer Dragoon

Postby ParadigmShift on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I contemplating on purchasing the Systema Energy Complete 120 ($280) and pairing it with the Systema Magnum motor long ($95) to transplant it into a VFC. My goal is to have the AEG fire at least the 400FPS field limit / 20 BBS rof, and have it so that the internals will remain reliable and last a long time. My question is, would it be possible to do this with this setup, or will the Magnum motor destroy the gears of this gearbox? I am wondering because of the issues with the piston you guys are reporting on this thread.

Systema Energy Complete 120
# Reinforced Energy gearbox
# Reinforced Energy Gear Set
# Energy ball bearing bushings
# Polycarb Energy Piston
# Energy Ball Bearing Spring Guide
# Energy Cylinder
# Super high conductive wire set with MOSFET
# lubed with finest gear grease and cylinder grease

My alternative solution was to possibly build a "stronger" gearbox from the ground up (again to pair with the Magnum motor) using these parts:

- Systema Super Torque Flat Up Gear Set (+95)
- Systema M130 Spring ($20)
- Systema Area 1000 Metal Spring Guide ($16)
- Metal Bushings ($20)
- System Super Core Piston ($50) http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=4603
- Systema Bore Up Cylinder Set for M4 ($75) http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=398

Questions regarding building custom gbox:

1) With these components, would I be able to house them in the VFC MechBox, or would I have to spend another $75 to get the Systema one?

2) Are there any parts Im missing?

3) What parts would you replace from the list, and why?

I've never done an internal overhaul as extensive as this before, so I'd like to know what you guys think...

What is better? Buying the Energy Complete or should I rebuild the VFC gbox with the aforementioned parts?
PM me if you have a Hk416 "front flip up sight" for sale.
ParadigmShift
Lance

Postby epic skills on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Well... lots of overpriced crap there... You can get alot better performance at half the price by building a custom box without systema parts.
epic skills
King General

Postby ParadigmShift on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm

epic skills wrote:Well... lots of overpriced crap there... You can get alot better performance at half the price by building a custom box without systema parts.

You want to expand on that? Like what parts would you use and WHY? My main concern is with the piston and gears. Like I said, I want something that is going to be able to handle a beastly Systema Magnum motor, and when I say "handle", I mean I don't want anything breaking until maybe about 25,000 rounds.
PM me if you have a Hk416 "front flip up sight" for sale.
ParadigmShift
Lance

Postby epic skills on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Of something breaks in 25k rounds you did something seriously wrong... (I would be very insulted if someone came to me asking for me to build a setup that would last 25k rounds... I don't build any that won't last at least 200k rounds, I have a really cheapo m4 that's been going for 500k) I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I've had a JG enhanced run a 12v 10000 mah battery with 450 fps for 150k rounds on stock parts before I changed the piston out to go to 500 fps. It still runs just fine. I'm using really low cost parts in here, I believe a full custom gearbox similar to mine can be had from HK shops for $150 at the max total parts cost, and you can get a better motor (same perfoemance, no shorting problems and a winding method that won't be torn to pieces with an AB fet) than the systema magnum for $35 shipped to your door. I also run $5 XYT gears from 5 years ago on a m130 just fine...
epic skills
King General

Previous

Return to AEGs