WE 1911 Hop-up issues

From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs

Re: WE 1911 Hop-up issues

Postby thunter124 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Hans.landa wrote:No, I'm just saying My M9 is like that... and the way the OP is describing the problem, it sounds like he is talking about that... what else can it possibly, the actual hop up assembly being loose? in that case, i can't help him xD

In which case you shouldn't be "helping", there is a screw that holds together the hop up assembly together on top of the hop up dial. Which is what was referred too, at least TRY to know something about the thing your helping with before just shooting off what comes to your mind.
Feel free to message me if you need assistance with a WE-scar, gbb maintenance, or any maintenance for that mater, I'm around and checking.
Current armory:
WE SCAR, "King's special" (in for repairs)
Cyma AK-47 - "bloodbath"
KWA Mac-11, for making things loud in a hurry
Tanaka m700 breakdown, for those rare situations when I don't actually want to be seen
thunter124
Silver General

Postby Hans.landa on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Why are you assuming this? The original Poster hasn't even responded so..... it's still open for speculation, :P
KJW Mk18 Mod1 "Sierra"
WE 1911 "Samantha"
Hans.landa
Panzer Dragoon

Postby KVigus3 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Sorry to everyone for taking so long to reply, I have been busy the past couple weeks. But anyways, the 1911 I have is a newer WE model, The Knighthawk, And it actually has a hop-up wheel, with a little arrow on it, and from what i can see when i turn the wheel it pushes on a small metal peice which in turns pushes down on the bb, and I did find the screws were extremely loose, so I tighted those and it still didn't fix it, all it did was added some time before i'd have to re adjust the hop-up.
G4-A3 DMR kill count: 86
WE Knighthawk custom kill count: 6
Nerf Hatchet kill count: 6
KVigus3
Pawn

Postby thunter124 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:54 pm

KVigus3 wrote:Sorry to everyone for taking so long to reply, I have been busy the past couple weeks. But anyways, the 1911 I have is a newer WE model, The Knighthawk, And it actually has a hop-up wheel, with a little arrow on it, and from what i can see when i turn the wheel it pushes on a small metal peice which in turns pushes down on the bb, and I did find the screws were extremely loose, so I tighted those and it still didn't fix it, all it did was added some time before i'd have to re adjust the hop-up.

that's just going to be a problem you have to deal with, with gbb firearms, due to the shock of the action working. I have to tighten ALL of the screws in my car after heavy fire, It's just something that comes with the teratory.

Now, one thing you may be able to do is use something like a paper shim to increase the pressure on the screw(think some kind of miniscule washer).
Feel free to message me if you need assistance with a WE-scar, gbb maintenance, or any maintenance for that mater, I'm around and checking.
Current armory:
Cyma AK-47 - "bloodbath"
Tanaka m700 breakdown, for those rare situations when I don't actually want to be seen
thunter124
Silver General

Postby RedPanda on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:24 pm

You could also get a new hop up but that might be pricey.

This one is for a high capa.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=27294
Building a DMR its going to be SWEET!
Armory:
Dboys SPR MOD 0 (Broken)_____KJW Xcellerator
Javalin M24__________________UTG ML3 Shotgun

Total Investments On Airsoft: $1,650
RedPanda
=|BANNED|=

Postby thunter124 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 pm

RedPanda wrote:You could also get a new hop up but that might be pricey.

This one is for a high capa.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=27294

uh... the same thing is going to happen with that hop up, its the same as the stock one.
Current armory:
Cyma AK-47 - "bloodbath"
thunter124
Silver General

Postby RedPanda on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 pm

:/ Well it would work for a while.
Building a DMR its going to be SWEET!
Armory:
Dboys SPR MOD 0 (Broken)_____KJW Xcellerator
Javalin M24__________________UTG ML3 Shotgun

Total Investments On Airsoft: $1,650
RedPanda
=|BANNED|=

Postby tacosanche on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Loctite the screw with some blue loctite. Dream up some way of keeping tension to the wheel :D
http://sportsonlyauction.com

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim

Armory:
Clone Glock 18c Gbb
Tokyo Marui Mk23 FULL SET

tacosanche
Dragoon

Previous

Return to Gas Guns