WE SVD

From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs

WE SVD

Postby Mc.Dougher on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm

so i know you guys probably already know about the we svd. im looking into it but i dont know enough about it. im looking a gbb dmr for mid to long range engagements and not really far engagements that i would need a non gbb. but anyway i was wondering how the accuracy and mainly whats the durability on the we svd. i currently have a we m14 but to me that peice of **** was only a project gun more then a skirmish able gbb. i was looking into either the we svd or the we m16 and i already know a lot about the m16 im just wondering what is your guys's take on the we svd since its recent release. also does anyone know if it illegitimately has a tightbore barrel or is that **** from WE
Mc.Dougher
Pawn

Re: WE SVD

Postby Ellis1525 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm also very interested in this rifle because i'm a collector of gbbs, and we-tech is my favorite next to kwa. I'm geussing it's going to be shooting around the same fps as the we m14 because its about the same length barrel and magazine style. The ps0-1 scope replica and real thing is what is supposed to be on this rifle, but it''s os expensive which is a deal breaker for me because if the scope cost more than the gun will probably. Just my opinion. But what do you think?
Ellis1525
Pawn

Postby Mc.Dougher on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 am

Well im just interested in performance... I have a we m14 that isn't as good as I though it would be its turned more into a project gun more than a skirmish able rifle I just want to know what the svd will be like
Mc.Dougher
Pawn

Postby waffelcopter on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 am

Unlessof took a turn for the worst I'd imagine it'll be as good if not better than their current selection of rifles. That said, I've never looked into them at all so take that with a grain of salt. If I had to chose between that and he M16 I'd take the M16 because it's a proven platform with a wide(by WE standards) range of replacement and upgrade parts already available.
I wish I had more time to devote to airsoft...
waffelcopter
Gold General

Postby Mc.Dougher on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:06 pm

well i wouldnt mind giving the m16 up but im just wondering about the svd...i heard rumors that the svd had some problems but i didnt get to hear if there fixable or not.
Mc.Dougher
Pawn

Postby Honoured1 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:56 pm

There's talk of a spring return problem, that's all I have heard.
Armory:
KWA PTR LM4 380fps / 13 RPS - 15,500 rounds, No Problems
VFC 416D (M27 IAR) GBBR -
KWA Mp7 -400 FPS / 22rps - 25,000 rounds, No Problems
KSC G18c

Have owned: E1 Stag-15, JG G36c, JG Tact. AK, JG AUG A1/3, G4-A3, ICS m4/16, VFC Scar-L, Socom Gear N-10", JG G3 SAS, VFC PDW, WE PDW, WE Scar, WE m14, E1 MTC, E1 Scar, TM Mp5, ACM M500, KWA 1911, Cyma M14, WE 1911, KJW 5.1, Magpul Masada, A&K Masada, KWA S-sytem, VT MK18, A&K 249, E1 Baby m4, TM mk23, TM 5-7, KJW m700
Honoured1
Knight

Postby Mc.Dougher on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 pm

fixable or major design flaw?
Mc.Dougher
Pawn

Postby egalsim on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 am

Here is my observation on this rifle. It uses a VSR bucking and AK type rotary hop up unit, all metal. To remove the outer barrel, there is a hidden set screw under the rear flip up sight. Review the assembly and disassembly by James on youtube. It disassembles like the real steel version, and the trigger unit is very sturdy; unlike the unit on the WE M14. With .20 bbs, it was chronoing around 560 fps with propane. Valve is the now standard open bolt type. It shoots hard and fast, but be sure to do a couple things before skirmishing and when you get it right out of the box. If you buy this, check this area of the gun first:

-Make sure all the screws on the valve knocker assembly have loctite. If any of these screws come loose, especially the screw holding the 2 halves together, or the flathead screw that holds the lever to return the knocker to battery; your fps will vary by as much as 100 fps. You will notice the variance by the force of the recoil being wildly different. I believe that this is also the cause of the super high and low fps variances on some of the tests.

-Nothing needs to be bought for this to be a beast on the field, except maybe a bucking. Just make sure to use threadlock on the screws and do a quality control check. For a gbb svd at this price, it's a bargain. Working on it is very easy and it field strips just like the real thing.
egalsim
Pawn

Postby timbuktoo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 am

^^THIS IS A NECRO POST. read the constitution. it is in the global stickies section at the top of the page. here's a link also http://airsoftgiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby egalsim on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 am

timbuktoo wrote:^^THIS IS A NECRO POST. read the constitution. it is in the global stickies section at the top of the page. here's a link also http://airsoftgiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2

17 days old since the last post is a necro post? There is no day limit defining necro post in the sticky section.
egalsim
Pawn

Next

Return to Gas Guns